miércoles, 11 de julio de 2007

¡Lluvia!

¡Finalmente, llovió! After more than two months of completely dry weather, it rained last night... for a little while, at least. There's also fresh snow on the mountains to the west. It's also been pretty cold, although it's generally colder (freezing, actually) inside the office than outside, where there is sunshine. As I write I am wearing wool socks and am wrapped up in a llama-wool shawl.

Other, various news:
This weekend I'll be traveling to Independencia, in the west of the department of Cochabamba, to go to a festival for the Virgen del Carmen. Really I'm most excited about the bull running on Tuesday afternoon... :)

My organization, Medioambiente Las Americas, is perhaps on its last legs, unfortunately. Due to various problems with the board and resignations of virtually all of the directors, an impending financial crisis, and a general feeling of discontent with the way things are being done at the top, things are falling apart. I've already completed my requisite 300 hours of work for the internship, so at this point I'm just helping to wrap things up before I travel for the next few weeks (later next week I will most likely leave for Peru with Aurélie, although now there is also talk of southern Bolivia/Chile).

Besides all of that, I'm having a great time. Recently I've been out and about more than in the past. I got to see a play (I actually understood 99% of it!), meet a bunch of artist-types, went to an art opening last night, and have generally been having a blast. Of course, now that my time here is nearing its end, I am figuring out all of the things that I should have done in the previous two months!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: sólo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.