sábado, 6 de septiembre de 2008

California update

It's been what, three weeks since I got here? I suppose it's probably time to elaborate a little on my experience here so far. Um, yeah.

Well, I experienced my first earthquake last night! A 4.0 about 30 miles away. It was weird, five seconds or so of rumbling and slight shaking. At first I thought that perhaps I was just going a little crazy. But no, that's only part of it.

I'm spending my days at this point doing yard work at my aunt and uncle's house in exchange for subsidized rent, as well as attempting to secure some employment, both short and long term. The outlook is grim thus far. Yay for the current economy. Thanks, Dubya, it's been swell. We recent graduates applaud you. But hey, at least I live in a pretty place with lots of fresh, local food available.

There's also some intermittent seeing of friends and making of new friends. Oh, and I went hiking at Point Reyes and took a little wine tour up in Napa recently.The view from the hike along the peninsula. There was also a herd of elk along the way.

Getting a little Georgia O'Keiffe-y.

Messing with colors on the camera makes pretty pictures.

Napa, late afternoon.

This exhaustively descriptive and exciting update has been brought to you by a slightly-anxious-at-the-prospect-of-remaining-unemployed new Berkeley-ite.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: sólo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.