sábado, 19 de julio de 2008

On the road again

Well, my last day in Mexico has arrived. Of course, even though I wasn´t completely psyched about coming here, I now don´t really want to leave. There is so much to do and see in this city, you could come back 100 times and still have more to do (I would guess).

Yesterday I went to Coyoacán to see my friend Jose from GSPIA. We walked around the super old neighborhood a bit, but unfortunately the main plaza was under construction. We went into the Museo Nacional de Culturas Populares, where there was an exhibit on traditional pottery that has made a comeback due to one guy in one town in Chihuahua, which was pretty sweet. We then went to Frida Kahlo´s house, which had loads of her drawings, doodles, letters, etc. It was incredible; unfortunately, you can´t take photos within the house, so I have no evidence of the drawings that blew me away. Jose also took me down to UNAM, the University, where there is a large, unfinished Diego Rivera mural on the outside of the Olympic stadium. The campus is huge (there are 80,000 students according to Jose), in an hour we barely crossed it. The tuition is apparently 20 centavos per year. That´s right, it is approximately 2 cents per year to attend the national university. That´s why everything there is about a million years old, but hey, I would be OK sitting in rusty one-armed bandits for four years if it cost me the cool sum of 8 cents.


Last night was Florent´s birthday, so we went out to drink copious amounts of tequila, or course. I´ll skip to the end and say that I fell asleep on the couch watching the old version of Lolita with everybody at the hostel.

So tomorrow morning I leave, yay for early morning flights. It´s really easy to forget that to catch an 8am flight, you have to get up around 5am. Ugh.

[Rest of the Guatemala and Mexico photo up here.]

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: sólo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.