lunes, 28 de julio de 2008

Warm fuzzies

I just redistributed my kiva loan, after my first borrower fully repaid his in full and on time. Helping the world at 8am, that's just the way I roll!

I'm at my aunt and uncle's cabin in Gothic now, at the Rocky Mountain Biological Lab (RMBL), where there's no TV, no cell phone reception, and only occasional internet. It's heaven. I really don't know what else to say about it at the moment, except that the drive here was another one of the most beautifully breathtaking drives I've ever been on. Exciting, too, dodging deer on windy mountain roads, oh my! Got my heart pumping just a little bit for a moment there.

As I got close to Crested Butte, the last town on the paved part of the road to Gothic, I started seeing all the trophy homes, ridiculously perched on rolling mountain slopes now practically devoid of trees, all in similar shades of log. I suppose it's all to see and be seen... The town itself is tiny and sweet, though, with a welcoming, shiny metal sculpture of a knight battling a dragon. I'll have to check that out when I go back into town later in the week.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: sólo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.