jueves, 31 de julio de 2008

Streams of alcohol, lakes of whiskey

OK, so the mountains here aren't quite so prodigiously generous as all that, but they're pretty stinkin' good.

The past couple days have simply included hiking with my Aunt Mel around the cabin, taking pictures of wildflowers, enjoying the general splendor, and running away from flies and mosquitoes. Yesterday we also went bike riding on one of the trails outside of Crested Butte... I'm hoping to do some more of that this coming week. Tonight is a gallery walk in town, then dinner with the family...

Some of the exciting wildlife I've seen so far: deer behind the cabin, marmots on a wood pile, a fox carrying around a cat in its mouth, and lots and lots of birds. There are reports of bears climbing trees on the main street in town, but I have yet to experience that firsthand. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

There isn't much else to report! Adam should be arriving tomorrow, so we'll do some camping in the area, and I found out that Chacos are produced just over the mountains in Paonia, so I'm gonna make sure I head over there at some point, probably on my way out of town.

Plans have yet to gel completely for the next few weeks until I reach Berkeley, but there's plenty more to see between here and there.

For now, I leave you with some images from our hikes... more can be found here.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: sólo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.